Senate Underground Garage and Landscape Restoration
The Architect of the Capitol is undertaking a multi-year project to renovate the Senate Underground Garage and Senate Park.
The project includes:
- Interior rehabilitation of the garage
- Rehabilitation of the central fountain, reflecting pool, planters and surrounding pavement area
- Restoration of the exterior stonework and plaza walkway
- Excavation for major concrete and waterproofing repairs to the 20' underground garage south wall
- Waterproofing repairs of the fountains and upper plaza (directly over the garage) and the pedestrian tunnel under Delaware Avenue
The Senate Underground Garage and a large portion of Senate Park will remain inaccessible throughout the project, which is expected to be completed end of 2020.